While we’ll go to any length to drive results for our clients, we’ve learned that it’s not wise to try to be all things to all people. That’s why we focus heavily on what we’re best at, and refer to outside experts where it makes sense.
Because we’re a bit unique in our breadth among firms who do social media work, people sometimes have misconceptions that cause them to expect us to do some things that aren’t in our quiver. Some of these include:
- Technical SEO: While the content we create certainly helps your search engine optimization, we aren’t the ones to build all the technological SEO geegaws into your website. We do work with your SEO team to make sure our content drives to keywords that matter to you.
- SEM: We don’t buy search ads. Doing that right requires a lot of specialized expertise and it’s hard to make money at it if it’s not your primary offering. We do help drive your SEM costs down by creating content that improves your organic search results.
- Branding-level creative: We design for social media and blogs using your provided assets. We don’t create logos and brand imaging from scratch. We don’t create display advertising, billboards or TV commercials. For these sorts of needs, we recommend our parent agency, Slingshot.
- Scripted commercials: Our video work is journalistic in style. If the word “storyboard” comes up, you’re in the wrong place.
- Website and app building: We create digital magazine sites, blogs and microsites. If it can’t be done in a fairly straightforward WordPress site, we don’t do it. For a full company website or app, we recommend our sister agency, Insite.
- Traditional PR: While we do a lot of online outreach and community building, working with bloggers and online publishers, we do not offer “traditional” PR services. We don’t write press releases or solicit print publications and broadcast media for coverage. We can recommend partner PR firms that match your industry.
- “Checkbox” social: Some firms want templated, commodity social media posting without tie to original content or strategy at a low, low price. That’s not our gig. We think that sort of social media is a waste of your customers’ time and your money. We don’t offer it.